Getting Bombarded

Ever feel like everywhere you turn you're getting bombarded with triggering stuff?  Trump gets worse. You lose someone to a type of cancer with extremely poor odds of survival. Then my sister who moved to Europe has come back for a short break to see family and deal with a visa renewal. I went to my brother's house and we all sat down for dinner.

With 5 people at the the table, she starts to go on about how we're lucky that nothing really horrible has happened. I sat there for about 30 seconds and then had to get up and walk away before screaming at her.

Your uncle just passed from Stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
You, your younger brother and parents all have a long history of abuse.
I got repeatedly raped by three psycho pedophiles. I could have been murdered by any of them.

This is a doctor who deals with trauma survivors.

So I thought either you're incredibly cruel. Or, this totally freaks you out and you want nothing to do with it. So just make it magically go away?

You feel hurt, angry, sad all at the same time. But then I thought, I'm not responsible for the horrible things that others say and do. They have to do with the consequences of their words and actions.

It feels like pain is flooding out. Everything hurts. But psychologically (and physiologically) this is a good sign.

Protect your well being.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Torture Really Like (contains extremely graphic content and language. If this bothers you, DO NOT READ THIS)?

Day 19 of the Shutdown

A Long Day of Fighting Symptoms