Triggering Stuff is Everywhere

You can't let your guard down, because the pain can overwhelm you. Made that mistake and had a dissociative relapse. Despite this, I know several things. I'm not a failure. I'm not abnormal. I'm not permanently damaged. I don't want to disappear and not know what's real and what isn't.

It feels like you have to struggle to know when there hasn't been horrible pain every day. I'm not going to destroy my sobriety. I'm not going to hurt myself or anyone else.

I'm not a failure.
I'm not a failure.
I'm not going to fall apart and off myself.

But for trauma survivors who are addicts, there's always that part of you that says just disappear and the pain will disappear. But for many who've made that mistake, they killed themselves because the pain was too much.

Protect yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Torture Really Like (contains extremely graphic content and language. If this bothers you, DO NOT READ THIS)?

Day 19 of the Shutdown

A Long Day of Fighting Symptoms